- Format: Softcover | eBook | 638 pages
- Publication year: 2008
- Publisher: Routledge
- Publication City/Country: London, United Kingdom
- Edition: 2nd
- Language: English
- Illustrations note: 6 black & white tables, 47 black & white halftones, 3 black & white line drawings
- ISBN10: 0415438969
This major global history of the twentieth century is written by four prominent international historians for first-year undergraduate level and upward. Using their thematic and regional expertise, the authors cover events in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa and the Americas from the last century and beyond.
- Among the areas this book covers are:
- the decline of European hegemony over the international order
- the diffusion of power to the two superpowers
- the rise of newly independent states in Asia and Africa
- the course and consequences of the major global conflicts of the twentieth century.
This second edition is thoroughly updated, and includes extended coverage of European integration, the rise of supra-governmental organizations, and the ‘global War on Terror’. A support website provides supplementary exercises, questions and tutor guidance.